- Superior corrosion resistance: Excellent resistance to acid-base superior to stainless steel, like platinum in sea water.
- High strength: Titanium is twice as strong as Fe per weight.
- Light weight: Titanium is about half as heavy as copper and about 60% of stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Low temperature tenacity: Keep toughness at low temperature environment,resistance to metal fatigue.
- Extremely low magnetism: Permeability only 1,00005
- Non-toxicity: not easy ion separation, safe and friendly to the human body.
- Low coefficient of thermal conductivity: Conductivity(17 W/m℃)only 8% of Aluminum.
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion: Thermal expansion rate(8.4×10-6/℃) 50% of stainless steel, not easy deformation by heat.
- Anodic treatment: Can be colorful through anodize process.
Basic Physical Properties of Titanium(compared to other materials)
|Electric conductivity(% ratio to copper)||3.1||64||100||18||2.4|
|Linear expansion coefficient(/℃)||8.4×10-6||23.0×10-6||17.0×10-6||16.5×10-6||16.8×10-6|